Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'm an individual,....Just like everybody else


Everybody and their kid sister seems to have a blog these days and I suppose I can avoid it no longer.

Truth be told,.....I'm not sure I'm going to be able to maintain this whole "blog thing".

In a world of blogs, livejournals, message boards and the like, I suppose it was inevitable that I land one of these sooner or later.
I DO have a livejournal account somewhere that I've allowed to languish in much the same way a young child may forget his hamster cage he left on a broiling windowsill in the dead of a Georgia summer.

Thus,....my old account, like said hamster,....lies a dried up old husk somewhere on the windowsill of the internet. Perhaps I will fare better with this new pet. ;)

It seems everywhere I go and almost everyone I talk to these days asks if I have either a blog
or a myspace account so now when faced with such a question I can answer a resounding "yes!" To what ends this will achieve, I have no idea but the fact of the matter is,.....

I am intrigued by the possibility of eliciting lively conversation, fostering debate and carrying on an overall lively discourse with people outside of my normal sphere of existence.

I actually run a couple of message boards, (dedicated to prop-replica building and hobby model-building), and despite the fact that there is an "off-topic" forum, the conversations inevitably always turns back to hobby-talk.

Yet I, like all of us,...Am a multi-sided creature,.....much like Shrek expounded to a puzzled Donkey in their first movie,...

"Ogre's have layers."

And so do I,.....so here I will rant and rave about politics, pop culture, the paranormal as well as things that start with letters other than "P".

The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step,......

Here we go,....one step at a time.....

Sean

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm eagerly waiting your prose! :)

7:01 AM  
Blogger Fighting Irish said...

Oh, so YOU'RE the one!
:)

I wouldn't exactly call it PROSE,...per se'.

More like rambling with the "eff-word" thrown in a lot.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ravings of a demented Irishman.....emphasis on demented. hehe.
:)

3:34 PM  
Blogger Fighting Irish said...

You will shut it up!

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FREEDOMMMMMME!
(Elaine sits in the corner and paints half of her face blue)

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home